|"A Mommy for Mindy"|
| Season 2, Episode #17 |
(#42) in series (95 episodes)
Mork tries to console Mindy, who's upset that Fred has just wed a much younger woman in "A Mommy for Mindy" in Season 2 (ep.#17).
|"Mork & Mindy" episode|
|Guest Star(s):||Conrad Janis |
|Production code:||217 (2x17)|
|Original airdate||January 3, 1980|
|IMDB||A Mommy for Mindy|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Exidor's Wedding"||"The Night They Raided Mind-ski's"|
|List of Mork & Mindy seasons/episodes|
A Mommy For Mindy w as the 17th episode from season 2 of Mork and Mindy, also the 42nd overall series episode. Written by April Kelly, the episode, directed by Howard Storm, first aired on ABC-TV on January 3, 1980.
When Mindy's dad visits with a younger woman he has just married, Mork is happy, but Mindy is not.
Fed arrives with his fiancee Cathy. Mork is ecstactic that he will have a real "mommy". Mindy is not pleased with the upcoming marriage. Mindy goes to her room to think and go to sleep. In her dream she remembers that her mother died when she was young. She wakes up screaming "I want a mommy!" Mork comes in and comforts and consoles her.
Mindy has a talk with Fred and reassures her that she will always be loved, but Mindy is still having issues and Mork tries a little Orkan Psychology. He starts off with "Free Association" (Word Association) and then asks Mindy to tell him everything about her mother.
This is the first appearence of Fred, Mindy's dad, in Season 2.
- Following a ratings disaster with its move to Sunday nights, Conrad Janis was brought back to the series cast as the show's scheduled airing was also returned by ABC-TV to its orignial Thursday night time slot for the broadcast of this particular episode, where it remained until it was canceled in 1982.
- Robin Williams as Mork
- Pam Dawber as Mindy McConnell
- Jim Staahl as Nelson Flavor (credited only)
- Jay Thomas as Remo DaVinci (credited only)
- Gina Hecht as Jeanie DaVinci (credited only)
- Tom Poston as Mr. Bickley
- Ralph James as Orson