|A Mommy for Mindy|
|Aired||January 3, 1980|
|Guest starring|| Conrad Janis ad Fred Mconnel
Shelley Fabares as Cathy
|Next||The Night They Raided Mind-ski's|
When Mindy's dad visits with a younger woman he has just married, Mork is happy, but Mindy is not.
Fed arrives with his fiancee Cathy. Mork is ecstactic that he will have a real "mommy". Mindy is not pleased with the upcoming marriage. Mindy goes to her room to think and go to sleep. In her dream she remembers that her mother died when she was young. She wakes up screaming "I want a mommy!" Mork comes in and comforts and consoles her.
Mindy has a talk with Fred and reassures her that she will always be loved, but Mindy is still having issues and Mork tries a little Orkan Psychology. He starts off with "Free Association" (Word Association) and then asks Mindy to tell him everything about her mother.
This is the first appearence of Fred in Season 2
- Following a ratings disaster with its move to Sunday nights, Conrad Janis was brought back and the show returned to Thursday nights for the original broadcast of this episode, where it remained until it was canceled in 1982.
Cast & CrewEdit
Written by April Kelly
Directed by Howard Storm
- Robin Williams as Mork
- Pam Dawber as Mindy McConnell
- Conrad Janis as Fred McConnell
- Shelley Fabares as Cathy McConnell
- Melissa Francis as Little Mindy
- Ralph James as Orson