| Season 2, Episode #24 |
(#49) in series (95 episodes)
Mork decides to become a priest, but complications ensue when he dresses as one and starts doling out advice in church in "Clerical Error" in Season 2 (ep.#24).
|"Mork & Mindy" episode|
|Guest Star(s):||Garry Goodrow|
|Production code:||224 (2x24)|
|Original airdate||February 28, 1980|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Looney Tunes and Morkie Melodies"||"Invasion of the Mork Snatchers"|
|List of Mork & Mindy seasons/episodes|
Clerical Error was the 24th episode from season 2 of Mork and Mindy, also, the 49th overall episode in the series. Written by April Kelly, the episode, which was directed by Howard Storm, first aired on ABC-TV on February 28, 1980.
Mork decides to become a priest, but complications ensue when he dresses as one and starts doling out advice in church.
"Clerical Error" opens with Mork's most recent firing, sharing his sad story at the deli, where he asks for help from Father Denny (Garry Goodrow), who suggests that Remo give him a job. The more time he spends observing Father Denny the more Mork wants to become a priest himself. Mindy considers that a ludicrous idea, especially when Mork sees the colored windows in church and figures they don't match. It's not long before Mork's ministrations manage to clear out the church, and when he walks into the confessional, thinking it's a telephone booth ("somebody ripped off the phone!"), another member of the congregation follows: "you did what with whom?" Cheers's Paul Willson plays a suicidal parishioner who asks for help, only for Mork to offer him suggestions that don't meet with his approval: "I offered him 50 ways to meet his maker!" Some genuine laughs for a change this time around.
- This is one of several projects with plots involving suicide that Robin Williams starred in during his career.
- Robin Williams as Mork
- Pam Dawber as Mindy McConnell
- Jay Thomas as Remo DaVinci
- Gina Hecht as Jeanie DaVinci
- Tom Poston as Mr. Bickley
- Jim Staahl as Nelson Flavor
- Ralph James as Voice of Orson
- Garry Goodrow as Father Denny
- Mary Betten as Woman in Church
- Wendy Cutler as Future Bride
- Brad Savage as Boy in Church
- Paul Willson as Suicidal Confessor