|"Looney Tunes and Morkie Melodies"|
| Season 2, Episode #23 |
(#48) in series (95 episodes)
Nelson, targeting children for his political campaign, has Mork host a Saturday morning kids' show in "Looney Tunes and Morkie Melodies" in Season 2 (ep.#23).
|"Mork & Mindy" episode|
|Guest Star(s):||Amy Tenowich |
|Production code:||223 (2x23)|
|Writer(s)||Tom Tenowich & Ed Scharlach|
|Original airdate||February 14, 1980|
|IMDB||Looney Tunes and Morkie Melodies|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Little Orphan Morkie"||"Clerical Error"|
|List of Mork & Mindy seasons/episodes|
Looney Tunes and Morkie Melodies was the 23rd episode from season 2 of Mork and Mindy, also the 48th overall series episode. Co-written by Tom Tenowich and Ed Scharlach, the episode, which was directed by Howard Storm, originally aired on ABC-TV on February 14, 1980.
Nelson targets children for his political campaign and has Mork host a Saturday morning kids' show.
"Looney Tunes and Morkie Melodies" is the episode where Mork finally gets a job working with children at the Pine Tree day care center, which lasted all through the entire third season. Still running for city council, Nelson Flavor (Jim Staahl) rejoices at 60 minutes airtime on a local station, though 7AM on a Saturday morning isn't great for a viewing audience over the age of 14. Mork comes up with the idea of shooting the hour live at the day care center, where the kids enjoy seeing him drink with his finger.
Putting on a show gets Mindy thinking of Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland. Mr. Bickley tries out juggling, which he learned in the army using hand grenades: "that's how I got out!" Host Mork channels Fred Rogers: "thank you Mr. Piano Man, for tinkling on the keys!" Mr. Weasel sounds just like Peter Lorre: "there goes the neighborhood!" Mindy sings Peter Pan's theme song "I Won't Grow Up," Jeanie and Mork do a frog ballet to Tchaikovsky's "Swan Lake," Remo plugs the New York deli. Among the kids, Amy Tenowich would return for several third season episodes as Lola.
- This marks the first appearance of Amy Tenowich, essentially portraying Lola, who would go on to become a regular in season 3.
- The children were all related to the cast and crew.
- "I Won't Grow Up" (from the musical Peter Pan) performed by Pam Dawber
- "The Battle Hymn of the Repubic" performed by Robin Williams, Pam Dawber, Jay Thomas, Gina Hecht, Tom Poston and Jim Staahl.
- Robin Williams as Mork
- Pam Dawber as Mindy McConnell
- Jay Thomas as Remo DaVinci
- Gina Hecht as Jeanie DaVinci
- Jim Staahl as Nelson Flavor
- Tom Poston as Mr. Bickley
- Ralph James as Voice of Orson