| Season 3, Episode # |
(#) in series (95 episodes)
|"Mork & Mindy" episode|
|Original airdate||January 22, 1981|
|← Previous||Next →|
|–||Twelve Angry Appliances|
|List of Mork & Mindy seasons/episodes|
Mindy finagles a job at a TV station. On her first night, a blizzard leaves the newscasters unable to get to the studio, so she has to do the news broadcast alone.
- Mork tells Stephanie and Lola, "If you're real good, I'll take you to see Popeye again." Robin Williams starred as the title character in Popeye between seasons 2 & 3 of Mork and Mindy and the film had recently been released when this episode aired. Williams went on to reference the movie in several other episodes as well.
- Mork says that if she lands a job at the TV station, tomorrow Mindy could be "Fred Silverwoman." Fred Silverman was a successful producer and the president of ABC, who saved Happy Days from cancellation and green-lit Laverne & Shirley - though he had taken over as head of NBC just prior to the debut of Mork and Mindy.
- This marks the introduction of Mr. Sternhagen, portrayed by Foster Brooks, who was renowned for playing a drunk.
Cast & CrewEdit
Written by Tom Tenowich & Ed Scharlach
Directed by Howard Storm
- Robin Williams as Mork
- Pam Dawber as Mindy McConnell
- Conrad Janis as Fred McConnell
- Crissy Wilzak Comstock as Glenda Faye Comstock
- Tom Poston as Mr. Bickley
- Foster Brooks as Miles Sternhagen
- Patrick Cranshaw as Jake Loomis
- Jessica Hoyt as Mandy McDonald
- Stephanie Kayano as Stephanie
- Amy Tenowich as Lola
- Bebo as Himself
- Ralph James as Orson