|"Mork Meets Robin Williams"|
| Season 3, Episode #14 |
(#65) in series (95 episodes)
Mork meets his "lookalike", comedian Robin Williams, who's in town to perform his stand-up act, as Mindy is to interview him, as he drops by their apartment in "Mork Meets Robin Williams" in Season 3 (ep.#14).
|"Mork & Mindy" episode|
|Guest Star(s):||Foster Brooks|
|Production code:||314 (3x14)|
|Writer(s)||Dale McRaven & Bruce Johnson|
|Original airdate||February 19, 1981|
|IMDB||Mork Meets Robin Williams|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"There's a New Mork in Town"||"Mindy, Mindy, Mindy"|
|List of Mork & Mindy seasons/episodes|
Mork Meets Robin Williams was the 14th episode of season 3 of Mork and Mindy, also the 65th overall series episode. Co-written by Dale McRaven & Bruce Johnson, the episode, directed by Howard Storm, originally aired on ABC-TV on February 19, 1981.
When Robin Williams comes to Boulder to do his stand-up act, Mindy is instructed to get an interview with him and Mork's resemblance to the actor finds him getting mauled by fans.
- Robin Williams pitched the idea for this episode. He had difficulty adjusting to fame, resented that people thought he was actually Mork from Ork, and was devastated by the death of John Lennon, which occurred a little over two month before this show was broadcast.
- Orson: I thought all stars were rich, live in mansions and drive big eggs.
- Mork: I know, sir, that's the common misconception. But you see to get that you have to pay a very heavy price: you have responsibilities, anxieties, and to tell you the truth, sir, some of them can't take it.
- Orson: I'm not buying it, Mork.
- Mork: Why, sir?
Orson: It sounds to me like they have it made.
- Mork: Well, most of them do sir, but some are victims of their own fame, very special and talented people. People like Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Lenny Bruce, Freddie Prinze and John Lennon.
- Robin Williams as Mork / Himself
- Pam Dawber as Mindy McConnell
- Conrad Janis as Fred McConnell (credited only)
- Jay Thomas as Remo DaVinci
- Gina Hecht as Jean DaVinci
- Jim Staahl as Nelson Flavor
- Crissy Wilzak as Glenda Faye Comstock (credited only)
- Tom Poston as Mr. Bickley (credited only)
- Ralph James as Voice of Orson (voice)
Guest starring/Recurring castEdit
- Foster Brooks as Miles Sternhagen
- Rance Howard as Security Guard
- Hillary Horan as Young Girl
- Johnnie Decker as Man