|Mork and the Family Reunion|
| [[|[defaults to 150]px|center]]|
|Aired||April 9, 1981|
|Guest starring||Jonathan Winters|
|Previous||Mork and Mindy Meet Rick and Ruby|
|Next||Old Muggable Mork|
When Fred's cantankerous brother comes to town, they prepare for a family dinner. Unfortunately, Mindy makes the mistake of eating some of Mork's fleck, an Orkan food, which results in unusual behavior.
- This episode is also known as "Orkan Veggies."
- Robin Williams got his idol, Jonathan Winters, to appear in this episode. The next season, Winters joined the cast as Mork & Mindy's son, Mearth. No mention was ever made of Mearth resembling Mindy's uncle.
- A clip of Mindy doing a cartwheel was used in the next season's opening credits sequence.
- Although his character was supposed to be the older brother, Jonathan Winters was nine months younger than Conrad Janis.
- In one of his final interviews, Robin Williams discussed the scene that occurs after Uncle Dave (Jonathan Winters) at the fleck. "They shot for like 45 minutes, to the point where the cameras were running out of film. We were just riffing."
- This is the only episode with Jonathan Winters helmed by resident director Howard Storm, who left the show the following season.
- Mindy: You know, I don't know why we're going to all this trouble for Uncle Dave. I mean, he hasn't been very nice to dad, and I'm making this big meal and you made this delicious dessert.
Mork: By "delicious," Mind, are you inferring that some of that has passed by your perky little lips?
Mindy: Oh, yeah! It's good!
Mork: Oh, Mind, that was fleck.
Mork: Yeah, and no earthling has ever eaten that before.
Mindy: I'm gonna be alright, aren't I?
Mork: Just be calm! Be calm, and tell me where you keep your stomach pump.
Mindy: Stomach pump?!
Mork: Well, I don't mean to frighten you. That's alright, we'll just have to use the plunger.
[He picks up a plunger]
Mork: Open up!
- [Dave is told Fred's wife is away at work]
Dave McConnell: Aw, come on, Junior, you gotta be kidding me. I mean, you got your wife playing a flute in Chicago, puttin' a stick in her face? You can't cut it on your own?
- [Mindy holds a conversation with her hand]
Dave McConnell: I wanna tell you something. Fit her for an electric bonnet now! Set it at 580!
- Caroline: It was wonderful seeing you, and it's a good thing we did because we'll probably never see you again!
- Mork: I'll talk to him, Pops. I mean, who talked him out of the lobster tank at the seafood shanty? Me.
- Mork: Sibling rivalry has been around for a long time. It started off with Cain and Abel competing for God's attention, right through Donny and Marie competing for the same hairdo.
Cast & CrewEdit
Written by April Kelly
Directed by Howard Storm
- Robin Williams as Mork
- Pam Dawber as Mindy McConnell
- Conrad Janis as Fred McConnell
- Jonathan Winters as Dave McConnell
- Beverly Sanders as Caroline McConnell
- Bebo as Himself
- Ralph James as Orson