|"Mork the Tolerant"|
| Season 1, Episode #15 |
(#15) in series (95 episodes)
Mork tries to go out of his way to become friends with Mr. Bickley, (Tom Poston) Mindy's grouchy landlord and downstairs neighbor in "Mork the Tolerant" in Season 1 (episode #15).
|"Mork & Mindy" episode|
|Guest Star(s):||Tom Poston|
|Production code:||115 (1-15)|
|Writer(s)||Lloyd Turner & Gordon Mitchell|
|Original airdate||January 18, 1979|
|IMDB||Mork the Tolerant|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Mork and the Immigrant"||"Young Love"|
|List of Mork & Mindy seasons/episodes|
Mork the Tolerant was the 15th episode from Season 1 of Mork and Mindy, and the 15th overall series episode. Co-written by Lloyd Turner and Gordon Mitchell, the episode, directed by Howard Storm, premiered on ABC-TV on January 18, 1979.
Mindy is irritated by her grouchy new neighbor Franklin Bickley, but Mork's determined to become friends with him. "'Guest Star"': Tom Poston as Franklin Bickley
Mr. Bickley moves in downstairs and begins causing headaches for Mork & Mindy, claiming that they're the problem.
- The first appearance of Mr. Bickley.
- Mork reads a Superman comic book and criticizes the superhero. Presumably this was Robin Williams' playful jab at best friend Christopher Reeve, who had recently skyrocketed to stardom in the 1978 film.
- (Mork, as he reads a Superman comic book) Mork: Able to leap over tall buildings? Ha! Anybody can do that in zero gravity. What's the big deal about that?... They call him Superman for that?!
- Mork: Dear Superman, I am writing you this letter because I'm really perturbed. How can you call yourself a Man of Steel if you wear blue tights with the underwear on the outside? Everyone knows that Krypton is the Miami Beach of the Universe. You're a jive-turkey in red booties! Love, your friend, Mork from Ork. P.S. Don't you sweat a lot, wearing two suits?
- (To Mork:)Mindy: Morning!
- Mork: Ah! God bless you!
- Mork: Do you know where I could get a stamp?
- Mindy: Oh sure, I think there are some over there in the drawer. Where are you sending a letter?
- Mork: Metropolis!
- (Someone bangs from below the floor) Mork: Whoa, the mice must be taking steroids!
- Mork: Mindy, you Earthlings must learn some more virtues, like being more tolerant. We have a saying on Ork: Tolerance is next to cowardice.
- Mindy: Don't Orkans ever have any problems with unreasonable neighbors?
- Mork: Well, one time the planet next to us blew up. We all complained about it and they never did it again.
- (introducing himself to Mr. Bickley) Mork: I'm Mork from upstairs.
- Mr. Bickley: Oh, you! I've been wanting to talk to you, Bigfoot.
- Robin Williams as Mork
- Pam Dawber as Mindy McConnell
- Conrad Janis as Fred McConnell
- Elizabeth Kerr as Cora Hudson
- Ralph James as Voice of Orson